Monday, October 6, 2014

Lee's Headquarters

On Saturday I had my book signing at Lee's Headquarters in Fredericksburg, VA.  It was a lovely fall day and I enjoyed meeting readers and seeing friends all while being across the street from the Fredericksburg National Military Park and Cemetery.  In fact the store, Lee's Headquarters and its next door neighbor the Battlefield Restaurant are located on land where men fought and died in December 1862 in the bloody fight for Marye's Heights.  I gave the waitresses at the restaurant a fright when they saw me crossing the street--for a moment they were unsure if I was flesh and blood or a spirit.  It turns out that they have a spirit of there own which they have have dubbed the "Battlefield Ghost" which likes to play harmless pranks on the restaurant staff.   My next book signing will be on Sunday, November 16 at the Gettysburg Heritage Center.


No comments:

Post a Comment