Thursday, October 23, 2014

Book on Ebay

I was bored tonight and decided to visit eBay.  I am a big fan of eBay and used the site extensively while looking for copies of obscure sources while writing "I Would Still Be Drowned in Tears."  eBay can be a dangerous place, especially if you broke, or in my case saving up for Remembrance Day Weekend in Gettysburg--so tonight I was purely browsing.

On a whim I decided to type my book title in the search engine and was shocked to see my book being issued for sale.  Instantly my anxiety kicked in and I began to fret that my book was being sold by unhappy buyers.  Realizing that I can't satisfy everyone, I noticed that the books where being sold by book dealers.  I found it interesting that one of the copies was being sold for more than it is offered by Amazon or when you purchase from me at an event.

It is flattering to see that people are watching the auction, but when you buy from a used book dealer the author receives none of the profits.  I have nothing against used book sellers, having used them for rare and out of print books, but it is important for the public to know who gets the profits for a book currently in print.  Regardless it is still kind of cool to see your name on eBay, and I hope that no matter how my work reaches the public that they are satisfied after spending time with my work.   

No comments:

Post a Comment